13 questions with freshman Tasiah Nunnery
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Freshman Tasiah Nunnery started sports at a young age and has continued to follow her passion for sports into high school. As a freshman, she was on varsity for volleyball and is currently on varsity for basketball. Nunnery also plans to be involved in track.
1. How long have you been involved with sports?
I have been involved with sports since I was six years old
2. What sparked your interest in sports?
Being at my older brothers’ games made me want to try sports myself
3. What are your primary sports?
I would say volleyball and track are my primary sports, mostly volleyball though
4. Is being on varsity as a freshman complicated?
In a way, yes, because you’re on of the youngest on the court and in a way, it makes me feel weird when I suggest anything.
5. As a young child, did you imagine you’d be this far in your sports career?
I did in a way, but also, I didn’t. I wanted to dance until my senior year but playing sports took over my life and time. I knew I was more skilled than some kids in my class
6. How did you get to where you are today?
My mom and dad have coached me along this far. They made me a better athlete and person.
7. Who has been your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration would probably be Crystal Whitten from FHSU. Crystal is a senior and will graduate this year, but going to watch Fort Hays volleyball made me want to work harder to become more like her. Being able to play like her is my goal.
8. Before any game, how do you prepare yourself?
Before my races, basketball games, and volleyball games I pray that I can compete to the best of my abilities and that there are no injuries during the time of my competition. I also listen to music and jump or dance around. During track, before I run my event I shake out my wrists and ankles and take deep breathes to calm my nerves.
9.What are your family’s thoughts on your interest in sports?
My family overall is an athletic one. We’ve been around sports pretty much our whole lives. I think if we didn’t play sports we would all be bored.
10. Even as a freshman, do you have future plans for sports?
My future plans include continuing my volleyball career at Kansas University or Kansas State University.
11. Do you plan to continue playing sports throughout high school?
I do plan to play sports throughout high school
12. Besides sports, what other activities are you involved with?
Besides sports I am involved in R3 which is my youth groups band. I play the piano, and sing.
13. Is keeping up with school work hard due to sports?
Keeping up with school work is hard at times because when every teacher assigns homework you have a lot to do. Sometimes you get home at 1 or 2 a.m. and still have to finish your homework. Lots of people do their homework on the bus, but for me it’s hard to, so I have to wait until I get home.