Students go on Mission trip during spring break

While many students jet off on vacations or simply sleep in, some are spending their spring break doing good work for people in need. Students from CrossCurrent youth group of Celebration Community Church are going to inner city Denver Colo. to help churches and spend time with under privileged children.

“I need to do something that isn’t for myself,” senior Carolyn Malott said.

The group is leaving the morning of Mar. 19 from the Celebration parking lot and will travel all day to Denver. They will be housed in various ethnic churches, such as Vietnamese and African American churches, and experience the cultures of those people.

“This is an amazing opportunity to get away from my spoiled life and serve God and others,” Malott said. “Jesus was a servant, and that’s what I want to be.”

Along with several youth leaders, there will be 18 high school and college students going on the trip.

When asked why she would want to spend her spring break doing work, Malott had this response:

“There’s no reason I need to be sitting around doing nothing over spring break when I can be blessing someone else and growing in my relationship with Christ. My heart feels so pulled towards this. I’m very excited.”