Freshman Adjust to High School

Adjusting to a new school has a different twist for each person. Transitioning from middle school to high school, students are expected to start growing up and becoming more independent.

“I like high school so far,” freshman Cammi Tetlow said. “It’s easier than middle school.”

For many students, high school is an exciting new experience. Many activities are offered and students are encouraged to be involved.

“I am really enjoying the fact of getting to know new people and be in a lot of music,” freshman Aaron Jeffus said.

With only approximately a month under their belts, the freshmen are exploring what they dislike and like most in school so far.

“So far my least favorite thing is the amount of homework,” Brianna Mathias said. “My favorite is that there are a lot of fun activities we can participate in like musical, creative writing class, and orchestra.”

One freshman would like to change the scheduling for school.

“The schedule for homecoming is weird,” freshman Olivia Hecker said. “I don’t understand why we have to shorten classes for it.”

Learning traditions, stepping into new activities, and meeting new people are all a part of being a freshman.

“I think that the best part would be all the extra freedoms and the new cool stuff we get to do,” freshman Aly Claiborn said. “The worst part is probably all the upper class-men telling us what to do.”

13aarthur@usd489.com