Boys win first at TMP swim meet

At Manhattan, sophomore Derek Drees competed in the 50 Free and placed fourth with a time of 24.03.  Drees was the only one at this meet to place in the top six and qualify for state.

The boys then swam at the TMP Invitational and placed first.

In the 200 Free, sophomores Blake Mathews and Connor Hess, juniors Jake Nelson and Dallas Kaiser and freshman Austin Chambers all placed.  Mathews placed second with a time of 2:08.85. Hess followed in third with a time of 2:09.00. Chambers swam a time of 2:33.24 and placed fourth. Nelson came in fifth with a time of 2:40.02. Kaiser swam in at sixth place with a time of 2:41.02.

Juniors Nathan Adams and Kevin Rivera competed in the 200 IM. Adams swam for second with a time of 24.15. Rivera followed in third with a time of 25.19.

Drees, sophomore Joshua Brungardt and junior Trever Rohn competed in the 50 Free. Drees placed second with a time of 24.15. Rohn followed in third in a time of 25.19. Brungardt swam a time of 26.19 and placed fifth.

Competing in the 100 Fly was senior Ben Glassman and juniors Torrey Contrerez and Kevin Rivera. Rivera with a time of 1:16.07 placed third. Glassman followed in fourth with a time of 1:23.06. Contrerez placed fifth with a time of 1:26.00.

Drees, Brungardt and sophomore Josue Lopez competed in the 100 Free. Drees placed second with a time of 56.89. Brungardt followed in fifth with a time of 1:00.80. Lopez placed sixth with a time of 1:05.53.

Mathews competed in the 500 Free and placed first with a time of 5:52.22.

Hess, freshman Boone Pruter, junior Nick Nolte and seniors Max Haverfield and Timothy Kohtz competed in the 100 Back. Hess placed second with a time of 1:05.59. Pruter followed in third with a time of 1:30.44. Nolte placed fourth with a time of 1:30.68. Haverfield and Kohtz placed fifth and sixth. Their times were 1:33.73 and 1:34.47.

Competing in the 100 Breast were Nelson, Adams and sophomore Justus Jungnickel. Adams placed third with a time of 1:11.14. Nelson followed in fifth with a time of 1:21.68. Jungnickel placed sixth with a time of 1:26.87.

Two relay teams competed in the 200 Medley Relay and placed second and third.

Hess, Adams, Drees and Rohn competed on the team that placed second. The team’s time was 1:55.10. Nolte, Nelson, Glassman and sophomore Spencer Greathouse competed on the team that placed third.  Its time was 2:12.70.

Three relay teams placed in the 200 Free Relay.

Greathouse, Contrerez, Lopez and Brungardt swam together in the team that placed first with a time of 1:55.22. Nelson, Chambers, Rivera and Glassman finished in third in a time of 1:59.53. Kaiser, Haverfield, Pruter and Nolte competed on the third team together and placed fourth.  Its time was 2:09.08.

Three teams placed in the 400 Free Relay.

Rohn, Mathews, Brungardt and Drees competed on the team that placed first with a time of 3:51.03. Hess, Contrerez, Lopez and Adams placed third with a time of 4:18.24. Kohtz, Chambers, Haverfield and Rivera finished in sixth with a time of 5:01.71.

“This season the boys exceeded my expectations,” coach Noland Forsythe said.