Boys Track and Field takes first at Hays

The Indian’s men track and field placed first on March 26 at Fort Hays.

In the 110 meter hurdles sophomore, Adam Deterding placed second with a time of 16.38.

Sophomore David Cardinal and senior Ebu Camara placed first and second in the 100 meter dash. Cardinal had a time of 11.57 and Camara followed in 11.78.

Competing in the 1600 meter run were senior Seth Tophoj and sophomore Ethan Fort. Tophoj placed first with a time of 4:51.96. Fort followed in second with a time of 4:54.46.

In the 400 meter dash, senior Caden Junk, junior Josh Miller and freshmen Jordan Windholz and Shawn Herrman placed in the top six. Junk finished in first with a time of 52.42. Miller ended up fourth in a time of 56.00. Windholz and Herrman followed in fifth and sixth with times of 57.40 and 57.87.

Senior Charles Howell and sophomores Kendrick Basgall and Dakota Adams competed in the 300 meter hurdles. Howell placed first with Basgall following in second. Their times were 43.57 and 46.13. Adams finished in fourth with a time of 47.40.

Competing in the 800 meter run were juniors Eric Stumon and Tanner Staab and sophomores Joshua Brungardt and Derek Drees. Stumon placed first in a time of 2:02.67. Staab and Brungardt followed in second and third with times of 2:03.36 and 2:07.41. Drees finished in sixth with a time of 2:13.02.

In the 200 meter dash, Camara and Cardinal placed second and third. Camara had a time of 23.38 and Cardinal had a time of 23.77.

Tophoj and senior Eli Fort placed in the 3200 meter run. Tophoj finished in second with a time of 10:17.44 and Fort followed in fourth in a time of 11:05.60.

In the 4×800 two teams competed for Hays and placed first and second. The team that placed first had a time of 8:18.30. The team that placed second had a time of 8:56.59.

Two relays teams placed in the top three in the 4×100 for Hays. The teams took first and third in times of 44.33 and 46.07.

In the 4×400 the Indians placed first in a time of 3:32.65.

Sophomore Adam Deterding and freshman Aaron Voss placed first and third. Deterding had a jump of six feet five inches. Voss had a jump of five feet five inches.

Four boys placed in pole vault. Juniors Spencer Hitchcock, Dustin Petz and Brady Baumgarn placed second, third and fifth. Hitchcock had a jump of 10 feet 6 inches and Petz followed in 10 feet. Freshman Kirk Pfannenstiel placed fourth and also had a jump of 10 feet. Baumgarn followed with a jump of 10 feet also.

Juniors T.J. Dreiling and Brad Desbian and Cardinal all competed in long jump. Cardinal placed first with a jump of 20 feet. Dreiling placed second with a jump of 19 feet 5 inches. Desbian followed in third. His jump was 19 feet 3 inches.

Deterding, Dreiling and Windholz placed first second and fifth in triple jump. Deterding had a jump of 42 feet 10 inches and Dreiling followed with a jump of 41 feet 1 inch. Windholz had a jump of 39 feet 3 inches.

Senior Zach Gaughan, juniors Josh Allen and Koby Daily and sophomore Cade Sharp placed in the discus. Allen placed second with a throw of 133 feet 9 inches and Sharp followed in third with a throw of 132 feet 8 inches. Gaughan placed fourth with a throw of 131 feet 7 inches. Daily followed in sixth with a throw of 123 feet 7 inches.

Gaughan placed fourth in the javelin throw. His throw was 154 feet 3 inches.

Five boys placed in the shot put. Gaughan placed first with a throw of 48 feet 3 inches. Junior Zach Binder placed third with a throw of 45 feet 4 inches. Sophomore Alex Dinkel placed fourth with a throw of 45 feet 3 inches. Sharp placed fifth. His throw was 43 feet 10 inches. Junior Luke Madden placed sixth and had a throw of 40 feet 9 inches.