Filed under Sports

Cross Country Competes in McPherson

The girls cross country team placed third out of five teams and had two girls medal. Sophomore Yesenia Maldonado and senior Tana Herreman placed fourth and sixth. The boys cross country team placed five out of seven teams and had one medalist. Freshman Dawson VonFeldt placed eighth.

Maldonado ran the course in a time of 23:33:00 and placed fourth. The coaches are very satisfied with the running of both boys and girls.

“We are very pleased with the efforts of our Indian harriers today,” coach Harris said.

VonFeldt ran the course in a time of 19:26:00 and placed eighth. As a freshman, VonFeldt has been the number one runner for the team and has placed in three straight meets.

“Being where I am right now as a freshman has really helped my confidence in other sports and grades. Also, yes I am very excited for next season because I now know what my weaknesses are from this season and I know how to fix those problems,” Vonfeldt said.

19colson@usd489.com

Corina Beam
Connor Cunningham pushes through hot weather at Hays invitational.