Filed under Sports

Lady Indian Golf brings home WAC title

The Lady Indian golf team won the WAC title in the Great Bend Invitational on Oct. 3. Pictured left to right: freshman Sophia Garrison, junior Emily McGuire, junior Molly Eikenberry, Coach Mark Watts, junior Brittani Park, senior Karee Dinkel, junior Emily George

photo courtesy of Coach Watts

photo courtesy of Coach Watts

The WAC titles became familiar with the Lady Indian golf team by naming senior Karee Dinkel as the WAC player of the year, but became even more familiar when the Lady Indians became the 2017 WAC Champions.

At the Oct. 3 invitational in Great Bend, Dinkel placed first with a score of 73, only one stroke over par, junior Emily George placed third with a score of 86, junior Emily McGuire with a score of 99 for tenth place, and freshman Sophia Garrison with a score of 102 for a combined team score of 360, winning first place by 5 strokes.

Second place team finish went to Garden City with a score of 365, third place to Great Bend with a score of 417, fourth place to Liberal with a score of 426, and fifth place to Dodge City with a score of 446.

Other Lady Indians athletes at the meet were junior Molly Eikenberry with a score of 107 and junior Brittani Park with a score of 110.

19tschiffelbein@usd489.com