Filed under Sports

Lady Indian basketball adds onto winning record

Sophmore Brooke Denning goes up for a lay up in a recent game against the Liberal Redskins. The Indians would go on to beat the Redskins 48-41.

Hannah Harman

Hannah Harman

The Lady Indian basketball team are continuing to prove their winning record of 6-1 after the team’s victory against the Liberal Redskins on Jan. 5.

After the first quarter, the Indians were up 9-8 against the Redskins, although the Indians would start the game out with the lead, they would not stay in the lead throughout the entirety of the game.

The Indians would put up 12 points in the second quarter, outscoring the Redskins who only scored eight points in the second quarter. This put the Indians up 21-14.

The Indians would keep the lead throughout the game, and go on to beat the Redskins 48-41.

Leading the team to the win in scoring was sophomore Isabel Robben with 14 points, junior Savannah Schneider with eight points, sophomore Brooke Denning with eights points, sophomore Tasiah Nunnery with six points, junior Kallie Leiker with six points, junior Mattie Hutchison with four points, and junior Jaycee Dale with two points.

Leading offensive rebounds was Robben and Leiker both with three. Leading defensive rebounds was Leiker with seven. Leading assists was Leiker with four.

[email protected]