Halo Reach: the new must-have

The new video game to the Halo series, “Halo: Reach,” just came out last month and is hoping to beat the “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” video game in sales.

“I think Halo: Reach is one of the best games out there because I mean come on,” sophomore Blake Mathews said. “Who does not like to fight aliens as a super human.”

Reach was said that “the shooting and combat are so much fun and look so attractive that you stop caring about wit or character,” the New York Times stated.

In spite of the New York Times review, students are having mixed reviews.

“I like it because it’s something new,” senior Devin Schmidt said. “I’ve played Halo since I was a little kid with my brother and I still do with a lot of friends.”

Junior Tanner Staab doesn’t agree with Schmidt.

“The game is a waste of $60 because it pales in comparison to what COD will be,” Staab said. “The game (reach) made a man that has played many many games of Halo 3 never want to play reach anymore because it was so bad.”

Junior Brandon Weigel disagreed with Staab and thinks it has good graphics and it’s still fun to play.

“Every team starts off with the same stuff so it’s not like COD where you can have someone with everything and others just starting, it evens out the gaming experience,” Weigel said.

Some people are becoming addicted to the new game.

“The only problem with this game is I can’t stop playing,” senior Trey Lynd said.

In the new game you play as a Spartan instead of the Master Chief and the time is set as a prequel to the other Halo games.

The time is set at the very beginning of the human kind’s war with the covenant, an alien species, as you try to destroy them and win the ever longing war.

Even with not being set as the Master Chief, it is still being considered the best Halo game yet by students.

“They’re so many options like whether you want to fly or sprint or whatever and it’s more realistic,” freshman Kade Parker said.

For now we will just have to wait and see if “Halo: Reach” can surpass “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare,” and if so, if it can beat the new “Call of Duty” game coming out on Nov. 9.