Aida Musical Rehearsal (Click For Video)

The 2011 Musical cast has been chosen, and they are now hard at work preparing for the performance. Many cast members say that everything seems to be progressing quite well, and that they are very ahead of the game this year.
Senior cast members; Kiley Dinkel, Jake Nelson, Ashley Nease and Aaron Cunningham have participated in every musical since their freshman year, and say that this year is going very smoothly.
“This show is totally different than what we have done in the past four years,” Nease said. “To prepare for this show the cast is realizing that we are a family. We work together, act together and sing together, the key to our success is a unified cast.”
While preparing to perform “Aida”, every member on cast has specific jobs to fulfill. From choreography to singing, the actors must take care of themselves vocally and physically.
“Our artistic director Brenda Meder is very energetic,” Nelson said. “She’s extremely spontaneous and fun to work with as well.”
During practice, the group has been preparing by blocking scenes, practicing choreography and memorizing stage placement for the first act.
“Personally, I feel as though our chorus and supporting cast is way ahead of the game vocally,” Cunningham said. “We’re right on track for an outstanding performance.”