Junior sets sights out of this world

Junior+Sara+Rohleder+and+senior+Madison+Crees+work+together+on+Science+Olympiad.+
Junior Sara Rohleder and senior Madison Crees work together on Science Olympiad.

Sierra Eichman

Sierra Eichman

Growing up, it is common for students to have big, seemingly unattainable dreams for their lives. Junior Sara Rohleder is making her seemingly impossible dream a reality.

Rohleder has always had an interest with space and stars, and her interest kept growing into the dream she has today.

“My career does have to do with space,” Rohleder said “It can either be me attending a military academy or me going through an ROTC program at a good engineering college. Either way, I will be getting a degree in engineering, I just have yet to figure out what suits me best.”

Rohleder has been preparing for her future by attending space camps and researching space when she can.

“I have been to the Cosmosphere Space Camp,” Rohleder said. “I made a few friends there and that’s where I met my boyfriend. I also gravitate towards any media about space.”

Rohleder started an astronomy club this year, which was recommended by her dad, who has taught her almost everything she knows about space.

“I really like Astronomy Club,” Rohleder said. “I’m glad I had the turn out that I got this year. It shows that other people are interested in space.”

Rohleder enjoys the endless learning possibilities space has.

“There are little limits to the great unknown,” Rohleder said.

Rohleder enjoys all that space has to offer, but her favorite planet is Gliese 581 D.

“The reason I like Gliese 581 D is the fact that it is one of the most Earth-like exoplanets we have found yet,” Rohleder said.

Rohleder has learned many interesting facts about space, including the fact that our moon is around 4.5 billion years old.

“Right now the goal is for me to go to space someday,” Rohleder said. “I plan to kick butt, go to space, and represent the human race.”

17kbrooks@usd489.com

1 Comment

One Response to “Junior sets sights out of this world”

1. Mae Moore on March 9th, 2017 11:11 am

Way to go Sara! You are amazing! I look forward, some day soon, to hearing your name as one of our great astronauts going into space. I love the fact that you set your mind to this plan and have been following your “Stars”. Congratulations on your achievemnets and best of luck in your future goals.

[Reply]

• Junior sets sights out of this world

Getting to know the cast of the Hunchback of Notre Dame

• Junior sets sights out of this world

Musical rehearses at high school

• Junior sets sights out of this world

International Travel Club offers opportunity to visit Scotland, Ireland in 2019

• Junior sets sights out of this world

Students watch anime after school

• Junior sets sights out of this world

13 Questions

13 questions with senior Levi Smith

• Junior sets sights out of this world

Art gets new pottery wheels

• Junior sets sights out of this world

Orchestra plans trip for Oklahoma

• Junior sets sights out of this world

Foreign students break barriers of language

• Junior sets sights out of this world

Mock job interview panel

• Junior sets sights out of this world

13 Questions

13 questions with senior Cheyanne Adkins

Junior sets sights out of this world