Filed under News, Top Stories

Academic Booster Club holds quarterly Breakfast of Champions to recognize student achievement

Students+eat+their+cinnamon+rolls+at+Breakfast+of+Champions.++Breakfast+of+Champions+was+held+March+28+during+first+hour+for+students+who+earned+a+3.3+GPA+or+above+during+the+third+quarter.+
Students eat their cinnamon rolls at Breakfast of Champions.  Breakfast of Champions was held March 28 during first hour for students who earned a 3.3 GPA or above during the third quarter.

Students eat their cinnamon rolls at Breakfast of Champions. Breakfast of Champions was held March 28 during first hour for students who earned a 3.3 GPA or above during the third quarter.

Alicia Feyerherm

Alicia Feyerherm

Those who achieved a GPA of 3.3 or above during the third quarter were excused March 28 during first hour to go eat at the Breakfast of Champions.

Breakfast of Champions is a breakfast sponsored by the Academic Booster Club to recognize students.

Freshman Jessica Luedders enjoyed being excused from her first hour class.

“My favorite part of Breakfast of Champions is that it gives me a chance to leave class,” Luedders said. “I enjoy my first hour class, but it’s fun to be able to leave and eat breakfast with my friends.”

Sophomore Delaney Maier enjoyed eating the food. There were cinnamon rolls, bagels and different juice choices.

“Food is good, but free food is better,” Maier said.

Freshman Caitlin Leiker agreed that the food was wonderful, but recognition for hard work was the best part of the breakfast.

“I think Breakfast of Champions is really cool because it recognizes students that work hard,” Leiker said. “It makes the good students feel appreciated.”

[email protected]