Filed under Feature, Sports

Senior Adam O’Connor plans to stay involved in golf, football throughout life

Julisa Haines

Julisa Haines

As spring sport practices start up, many seniors are preparing for their final, and hopefully best, season. One these hopefuls is senior Adam O’Connor.

“I play golf and formerly football,” O’Connor said. “Either my dad or my brother played and I just learned to love the sport.”

O’Connor looks back on his years of playing with fond memories.

“One of my favorite moments was probably when I ran the ball my sophomore year for one play,” O’Connor said. “And, well, with golf I would say just the daily practices with Coach Watts and Coach Smith, especially playing with my friends.”

While the senior hasn’t been the star-studded athlete, he doesn’t mind.

“The best I’ve done in football, where I played was placing 3rd place in WKFL in 3rd and 4th grade, 2nd place at the NYSSO tournament in 4th grade,” O’Connor said. “And if you want to count the one play when I ran the ball then it would be sophomore year WAC champs and undefeated in conference. Golf, I haven’t been that successful competitively.”

O’Connor plans to stay involved with each sport in some shape or form after high school.

“I would love to have a high-paying position in a football organization,” O’Connor said. “Golf, I’ll stick to playing recreational. One day, I would love to be an owner or be part of the front office staff of a professional football organization, and shoot under 90 in a round of golf.”

17mcrees@usd489.com