Tickets hidden in library for students to find

Blue tickets will be hidden for the month of September. Pink will go with October and orange will be November's color.

Starting this year Erin Holder, the new library secretary, will be starting a new tradition with hidden tickets.

“The tickets are going to be hidden around the library, and each month is going to be a different theme,” Holder said.

There will be different tickets hidden for each month of the school year excluding August, December and May.

Each of the themes are going to go align with things happening in that month. The themes for the first three months are going to be “first book of a series” for September since it will be the first time the tickets will be hidden, “a shocking horror book” for October to highlight Halloween, and “a magnificent bearded man” for the widely known “no shave November.”

Along with the monthly tickets, golden tickets are also going to be scattered around. If you are able to find one of those tickets, or you collect one of each of the monthly tickets, you could be awarded a prize. The prizes for the two are different however.

“If you collect every monthly ticket, there will be a grand prize at the end,” Holder said.

Holder says they are still deciding on what the grand prize will be. They are looking into getting gift cards for a variety of places throughout Hays, and they already have some for a free pizza from Casey’s.

There are some requirements that you have to meet to keep monthly tickets and or collect the prize for the golden tickets.

“I’ll hid the tickets, students have to check it out, they have to read it, and then they have to answer a question about it,” Holder said. “It’ll be a question that if they had seen the movie, it won’t be in reference to the movie, it will be something else.”

19kpotter@usd489.com